A fire on board an aircraft is potentially one of the most severe and time critical situations any crew member may face. Rapid recognition and aggressive fire-fighting technique is vital as well as appropriate passenger handling. The fire and smoke training covers the theoretical aspects of fire and smoke as well as hands on practical training and familiarisation delivered by industry experts in a realistic firefighting environment.
We can organise group training or private courses for individuals who wish to conduct their fire and smoke drills quickly.
Fire and Smoke Training
A fire on board an aircraft is potentially one of the most severe situations crew members may face. Heat, smokes and toxic fumes in the cabin can very quickly overcome aircraft occupants. Rapid recognition, action and aggressive fire-fighting technique is vital The fire and smoke training covers the theoretical aspects of fire and smoke as well as hands on practical training and familiarisation on firefighting equipment. The live fire-fighting practical is conducted in a fire and smoke rig in a realistic environment for crew members the syllabus incorporates EASA regulations for fire and smoke training.
Course Duration: half day
- Aviation incidents involving fire and smoke
- Fire-fighting equipment
- Fire classification and appropriate use of fire extinguishing agents
- Checking of potential fire-risk areas including toilets, and the associated smoke detectors
- The responsibility of cabin crew to deal promptly with emergencies
- Importance of immediate communication with the flight crew
- Actions necessary for coordination and assistance, when fire or smoke is discovered
- The importance of actual fire and smoke source location
- Aggressive fire-fighting technique
- Hidden fires
- Lavatory fires
- Hold Fires
- Galley and oven fires
- PED risk
- Lithium battery Fires
- Electrical Fires
- Use and familiarization of installed fire and smoke equipment
- Use of BCF
- BCF Application technique and misapplication
- Donning and practical use of smoke hoods
- Smoked hood types Draeger, Air Liquide, Puritan Bennet Scott, Essex
- Passenger PBE’S
- Fire Fighting Practical
The practical training is conducted in a fire and smoke rig in a live environment by industry experts.
If the dates advertised are not suitable please contact the office firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss. We are always able to assist.